About DEC International
DEC International is the gateway to one of the largest education and training providers in the world.
DEC International is part of the NSW Department of Education and Communities (DEC) which coordinates:
- education for international students at TAFE NSW Institutes and NSW Government Schools
- study tours for international student groups or adult groups
- international business – educational consultancy and workforce development
- official international delegations visiting New South Wales
Download the DEC International and TAFE NSW National Business Annual Report 2011 (pdf 698 KB)
DEC International assists international students to achieve their study and career goals in Australia's best locations.
DEC International is responsible for:
- recruitment and enrolment of international students in TAFE NSW Institutes and NSW Government Schools (Kindergarten to Year 12)
- educational study tours for international student groups or adult groups to Government Schools
- enrolment of temporary residents in NSW Government Schools
International Business – educational consultancy and workforce development
DEC International provides a range of customised education and training services to educational institutions, government agencies, corporations and industry groups internationally.
We are able to draw on the expertise, talent and skills of a workforce of over 80,000 specialist educational staff across TAFE NSW Institutes and NSW Government Schools - including teachers, trainers, curriculum developers, e-learning developers and facilitators, project managers and researchers.
Why choose DEC International?
- Proven experience – we have worked on major projects including the World Expo 2010, the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympic and Paralympic Games and established a Vocational Education and Training Institute in Abu Dhabi with the United Arab Emirates Government
- High standards – our staff have exceptional skills in planning and customising training, assessment and related services.
- Specialist skills – we understand how people learn, how learning influences work performance and how a learning culture can add value to your organisation.
Our services include:
- curriculum and resource development
- assessment and educational measurement
- capacity building programs and workforce development
- joint delivery of offshore programs
- training systems and frameworks
- training needs analyses
- event management training services
- professional development
Official international delegations
Other governments visit Australia to learn about our world renowned education system. DEC International hosts official high-level international delegations visiting New South Wales throughout the year.
- 1 week ago
The 2012 International Student Survey found that 87 per cent of international students in Australia were satisfied or very satisfied with their study and living experience here.
- 1 week ago
The 2013 annual award presentation for international students was held at Government House in the presence of Her Excellency Professor Marie Bashir AC CVO, Governor of NSW on 28 February 2013.
- 3 days ago
Of the 58,941 international students enrolled in the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector in 2012, TAFE NSW graduate Marisol Roux won the prestigious NSW International Student of the