Improve your business outcomes by working with DEC International to meet your workforce development requirements.
Educational and training partnerships
DEC International has substantial experience in managing large-scale offshore projects in partnership with local governments and training providers. There are currently over 30 international TAFE NSW Institute-led partnership projects in countries including People's Republic of China, Malaysia, The Philippines, India and Fiji.
DEC International can facilitate partnerships between TAFE NSW and offshore education and training providers to:
- enable students to complete a TAFE NSW qualification in their home country
- provide pathways for students who wish to complete further university studies in Australia
- advise students on career development and further studies
TAFE NSW, through DEC International, works with several partner education and training providers to provide high-quality training using a range of strategies such as:
- clear agreements with local education and training providers on required standards and areas of responsibility
- supporting local training delivery, audit of delivery procedures, examination supervision and validation of assessment by TAFE NSW teaching staff
- ongoing professional development for local teaching staff
- up-skilling local teaching staff to meet TAFE NSW teaching qualifications
- providing TAFE NSW teaching curriculum, resources and assessment materials
- ongoing review and update of curriculum and resources to meet current industry requirements and client needs
- guidance on meeting TAFE NSW policy requirements for course delivery
- providing specialist TAFE NSW teaching staff to deliver course components
- providing additional support and advice as required
Event training and consulting
DEC International has extensive experience providing training and consulting solutions for major events.
Successful projects include:
- World Expo 2010 Shanghai
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games
- Doha 2006 Asian Games
- Athens 2004 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games
- Rugby World Cup 2003
- All Africa Games 2003
- Sydney 2000 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games
TAFE NSW, through DEC International, provides practical training and consulting solutions for the context, setting and objectives of each event. As Australia's largest training organisation, TAFE NSW can draw upon extensive resources and strategic alliances with other service providers in New South Wales.
Our training and consultancy services create a skilled workforce for our clients that is informed and confident in staging a successful major event.
We have extensive experience in training major event stakeholders including organising committees, volunteers, sponsors and contractors.
In partnership with local committees and other stakeholders, we can provide advice and expertise in a range of areas including:
- games and major event management
- sports, events and venue planning and delivery
- games-operating principles and logistics services
- curriculum and resource development
- intellectual property
- workforce planning, redeployment and shift strategy
- staff and volunteer education and training
- common/public domain planning and delivery
- sponsorship, spectator and contractor training
- specialist training for transport providers, communications, media, security and other stakeholders
"The programs were well-designed with diversified activities mixed together. The trainers were very professional and had a good understanding and experience of leadership… Thank you."
Participant, Beijing 2008 Olympic Volunteer Training, Hong Kong
"The practical insights during the training were particularly useful. What we did during the training came back to me many times during the Test Event."
Competition Volunteer, Beijing 2008 Olympic and Paralympic Games
"DEC International was selected due to its rich experience in training for international mega events. We found the staff to have effective communication and management skills as well as being very responsive."
Representative, World Expo 2010 Shanghai
Capacity Building Programs
DEC International has extensive experience in the development of educational capacity in other countries. We have successfully developed programs for education ministries and other government agencies, education institutions, corporations and industry groups.
DEC International has also participated in over 120 aid and development projects in partnership with large Australian project management organisations, local consulting firms and development agencies.
In-country capacity-building consultancies include:
- Papua New Guinea: Curriculum Reform Implementation Project (CRIP)
- Malaysia: Adskill Teacher Training
- Indonesia: School Cluster Revitalisation in Pidie District (Aceh)
- Pacific (regional): Pacific Skills Development TVET Review Consultancy
- United Arab Emirates; Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC): K–12 Curriculum and Professional Development
- China and Hong Kong: Joint delivery of courses in business, English language, management, and other courses
- Iran: Capacity Building - Teacher Development and Training
If you require any further information, please email DECinternational@det.nsw.edu.au
- 7 months ago
The 2012 International Student Survey found that 87 per cent of international students in Australia were satisfied or very satisfied with their study and living experience here.