How to apply

There are many ways to apply to study for NSW Government Schools.

Before you apply, check the academic and English language entry requirements, fees, and terms and conditions for the program or course.

You will be asked to supply specific documents as part of your application, these may include:

  • Personal details and visa pages of your passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Academic transcripts and/or award certificates
  • English language test results e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, STEP/EIKEN, or a supporting letter from your school
  • English language translations of documents not in English
  • Copy of your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) membership card (if held)
  • Signed Terms and Conditions form

Click a program or course below to read instructions and information about applying.

Ways to lodge your application


NSW Government Schools
Program By Agent Online By Mail In Person
Study Abroad students
International students
Temporary Residents Program
Secondary Student Exchange*

*To apply for a secondary student exchange program in NSW please make direct contact with any of the registered exchange organisations.

Study Tours
Program By Agent Online By Mail In Person
Study Tours


Contact an agent

DE International has agents located worldwide. Find one of our registered agents who will assist you with the application process.


You can mail your application form with the required documents.

International student applications for NSW Government Schools and Study Tours can be mailed to:

DE International
Locked Bag 53
Darlinghurst, NSW 1300

Temporary resident student applications can be mailed to:

Temporary Residents Program
Locked Bag 7004
Wollongong, NSW 2520

Application forms

NSW Government Schools
Program Application Form Instructions
Study Abroad students Download Read more
International students Download Read more
Temporary Residents Program Download Read more


How to apply

Do you need help?

Ask a question online or contact
DE International or an authorised agent.


Signup for alerts


New South Wales


NSW lies on the east coast of Australia.
Sydney is the state's capital and the largest
city in Australia.

To find a school go to School locations.

image of helpful guide covers

Helpful guides

Guides on living, studying and working in:


ESOS Framework

The Australian Government wants international students to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding study experience in Australia.

Read more about the ESOS Framework.


Agent search

DE International has a worldwide network of representative agents who can help you complete and submit your application to study.

These representatives must provide you with accurate and up-to date information and advice regarding programs, courses, application procedures, living and studying in Australia. They can also assist with your visa application. If you wish to apply through an agent it is recommended that you use an agent on this list. If you choose to use another agent who is not published on this list, then DE International is not responsible for the accuracy of the advice provided to you.

If you have any concerns with regard to the service provided by our agent representatives, please contact us.

How to apply

We are a proud representative of Australian Government Schools International (AGSI), a collaborative association of government schools with international student programs.

Australian Government Schools International logo