On this page you will find information about fees:
- TAFE NSW courses
- TAFE NSW English language course
- Diploma-to-Degree package
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Other fees
- Payments, reviews and refunds
You should refer to individual course pages for other costs related to your study.
The tuition fee is payable in advance every semester. Your letter of offer from TAFE NSW will explain payment details.
You will need to pay the following fees related to your course:
- A registration fee of A$100 (non-refundable)
- A tuition fee. This can range from A$4,200 to A$38,160 for vocational courses and A$36,000 to A$52,800 for degree courses
The tuition fee listed on course pages is the total fee for the course. Payment is required on a per semester basis. To calculate the semester fee for a course, divide the total course fee by the course duration and then again by two.
(total course fee ÷ course duration) ÷ 2 = semester fee
Course fees include tuition, orientation program, additional study skills tuition, use of multimedia libraries, computers and other campus facilities, and assistance from student advisers and counsellors.
Course fees do not include the cost of textbooks, stationery, uniforms, accommodation, meals, health insurance cover or transport.
Your letter of offer from DEC International will explain payment details.
Develop your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills from beginner to advanced level at one of our TAFE NSW English Language Centres. You can also combine an English course with another TAFE NSW course so you will only need one visa.
The fees are:
- An application fee of A$150 (non-refundable)
- A tuition fee per week of A$300 to A$340. Please check with your chosen English Language Centre for exact fees and special offers for your country.
Read more about English courses.
TAFE NSW Diploma-to-Degree (D2D) university pathway programs allow students to enter a Bachelor Degree program with guaranteed credit at leading Australian universities. The fees are:
- A registration fee of A$100 (or A$150 registration fee for TAFE/English package) (non-refundable)
- TAFE NSW course fees
- Partial payment deposit for university course
- ACU: A$5,000
- CSU: A$2,500
- SCU: A$3,000
- UWS: A$5,000
- University course fees. The university provisional offer will state the credit you will receive for the TAFE NSW course, length and approximate costs of the degree.
Read more about Diploma-to-Degree courses.
Health insurance, called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), is compulsory for international students studying in Australia. This insurance covers you for certain medical costs if you need to visit a doctor or go to hospital while you are studying in Australia.
Please let DEC International know if you have already arranged OSHC, otherwise, we will arrange standard OSHC cover for you with Medibank Private. We will invoice you for the insurance premium along with your tuition fees.
In 2013 - 2014, the cost for standard OSHC is A$498 per year per single student.
|Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) charges||2013 - 2014|
|Single student|| Couple |
(Student with Spouse)
| Family |
(Student with family)
Health cover cards will either be delivered to you directly from Medibank Private to your Australian address or via DEC International. This process may take a few weeks. If you need medical attention before you receive your membership card, you should pay for the service and keep all receipts. You can claim a refund from Medibank Private.
You should check the policy carefully in advance, including the details of what is covered. Optional extra cover is available at an additional fee.
Serious medical problems should be declared on your application form and taken care of before you come to Australia, as standard OSHC generally does not cover pre-existing medical conditions.
For more information about OSHC, visit the Medibank Private website
TAFE NSW Institutes offer assistance when you arrive at the airport. Staff can arrange to meet you at the airport and assist with accommodation.
|Service||2013 - 2014|
|Airport pick-up fee (if requested)||A$140|
| Accommodation placement fee |
including guardian arrangement for students under 18 (if applicable)
Read more information about arrival services.
Uniforms, equipment and textbooks costs range from A$300 - A$2,500 per course. For example:
- Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) students should allow A$300 - A$400 for a knife kit and uniform
- Hairdressing students should allow A$125 for an equipment kit and A$495 for workbooks
- Information Technology students should allow A$1,000 for specific qualifications such as CISCO certification (optional)
- Maritime students should allow A$1,500 for specific qualifications such as Marine GMDSS Operation
- Dental Technology students are charged A$400 per semester for use of materials in the dental laboratory
- Floristry students should allow A$2,500 for use of materials
Note: The above costs are estimates only.
Review of fees
TAFE NSW Institutes reserve the right to review its fees. If the tuition fees are increased, you will be required to pay the new fees as they are introduced.
For the full refund policy, refund procedure, and complaints procedure please refer to the Terms and Conditions section of the TAFE NSW Vocational Courses application form or TAFE NSW Higher Education application form.
Read more about other expenses and living costs.
International students can choose from over 300 courses in Sydney and regional locations.
Search from Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree and Bachelor Degree.
Select from these options to see which courses meet your needs.
For further general information about qualifications, work placement, articulation, facilities and equipment, assessment methods and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) visit about TAFE NSW.
It's time. Apply now!
Courses are filling fast.
Do you need help?
Signup for alerts
The Australian Government wants international students to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding study experience in Australia.
Read more about the ESOS Framework.
DEC International has a worldwide network of representative agents who can help you complete and submit your application to study.
These representatives must provide you with accurate and up-to date information and advice regarding programs, courses, application procedures, living and studying in Australia. They can also assist with your visa application. If you wish to apply through an agent it is recommended that you use an agent on this list. If you choose to use another agent who is not published on this list, then DEC International is not responsible for the accuracy of the advice provided to you.
TAFE NSW English Language Centre agents
TAFE NSW English Language Centres also engage agent representatives and details of these agents can be found on the English Language pages for each of the listed Institutes. These agents may recruit students for intensive English language courses but not for any other courses at TAFE NSW.
- Crows Nest (Northern Sydney Institute)
- Kingscliff (North Coast Institute)
- Liverpool (South Western Sydney Institute)
- Newcastle (Hunter Institute)
- Ultimo (Sydney Institute)
- Wollongong (Illawarra Institute)